Need help getting Easy Plugins to "show up" in CRM 2013

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Hi there, first off I am a newbie here and not a developer!

I was able to use the CRM 2013 SDK to access the Plugin Registration Tool and uploaded the (Assembly) EasyPlugins to our CRM URL, since doing this I have tried to find Easy Plugins from within CRM but am having no luck. I am sure it is something simple but thought I would ask so others might benefit from this in the future.

I am looking to use the Easy Plugins to add the "Created by X on Y" back to the header of the CRM notes as described in this post: http://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/119552.aspx

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Coordinator
May 28, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Hi Brian,

You just have to install the solution within Dynamics CRM, no need to use Plugin Registration Tool.

After install, refresh your page and you'll can see a new menu on Settings -> Plugins -> EasyPlugins
You will have to unregister EasyPlugins from Plugin Registration Tool before install.
Please tell me if you're facing some problems.

Best regards,

Amine
May 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hi Amine,

Thanks for the reply! I unregistered the EasyPlugins from the Plugin Registration Tool and was able to get Easy Plugins imported and working!

Brian

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Hi,
I'm afraid I'm a noob too. I have installed the solution and can see the Easy Plugins app in the Settings menu.
I just want the time date on the Notes title but cant see how I actually enable that.
The screen i see has an 'Add' button which takes me to something with 'PreCreate', 'PostCreate' etc.
Not really sure where i go from here?
Appreciate any guidance you can give.

Cheers
john
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Hi John,

Click the import button, paste the code and then click the little filter icon and choose select all then you will be able to click the import button at the bottom. That's about it!

Good luck!
Brian